One of the events coming up in November for EDDF is the Party With a Purpose. This event will mark Eric’s wife’s 40th birthday. She has decided to donate her special day to raise funds to support EDDF’s efforts in supporting patients undergoing treatments for sarcoma, along with sarcoma research.
While the November 17th Party With a Purpose is an intimate event that is invitation-only, there are ways that everyone can get involved. EDDF will be raffling off gift baskets, and everyone, whether or not they are in attendance, is welcome to buy tickets for a chance to win some amazing prizes.
EDDF is accepting donations of items or experiences to put in the baskets. Or, if you would like to assemble and donate a full basket, that would be welcome as well. These donations are very much appreciated and helpful in supporting EDDF’s work.
If you’re having trouble thinking of something you could donate to the Party with a Purpose, here are some ideas:
– Gift cards to stores, restaurants, movies, salons or coffee shops, etc.
– A themed basket, such as “picnic at the park basket,” featuring a picnic basket, a blanket, a bottle of sparkling juice or tea, non-breakable plates and cups, sunscreen, a Frisbee and a deck of cards.
– A themed basket, such as “a dinner and a movie,” featuring a restaurant gift card and two movie gift cards. Dress it up with accessories such as popcorn and movie-theater candy.
– Get creative with another type of gift basket of your choice.
– If you work at a store, restaurant, hair salon, etc., you could ask the owner if they would be interested in making a donation from the establishment.
– Are you a talented artist or photographer? Consider donating a piece of your work.
– If you own a vacation home, would you be willing to donate a long weekend for someone else to enjoy it?
If you have a donation in mind, contact EDDF and talk to them about where your contribution could fit into the Party With a Purpose. Call them at 1-866-543-4351 or email Info@EricDDavisFoundation.org.
Keep an eye on our events page for more information on the different events that EDDF has planned.